Lots going on as we have been seeing and hearing over the airways. Energy at really high levels; effecting people in many different ways; not all of which have been useful. Plus Venus; planet of love and beauty and grace, is retrograde for 6 weeks (we all feel the transit for a bit longer just due to the time it takes for things to slow down or then speed back up). I have written about this before (by the light of an old flame) although it was a different energy then and different signs were involved. What is still true is that when Venus goes retrograde it can feel as if a gray screen is placed over life.
This is not set in stone, so if you are having a grand time then please party on! You may if you wish just skip down to the meditation at the end of this post; which is for everyone no matter how much or how little fun you are having with this transit.
Having said all that; I know of many people who have been asking me “what is happening??? I feel yucky when will it end?” and so I write some of this next part for you.
You are NOT losing your mind. The energy IS really intense, and with Venus retrograde there IS the potential of feeling lack luster, or like you aren’t attractive or never were ; it’s possible that you may find yourself with a tendency to be self critical…or other critical. It’s hard to see value with this transit. Things that look good now may not look good in a little while, our sense of esthetics gets all messed up (maybe wait to do that daring new hair style after the transits are a little better suited for beauty LOL). We can lose hope or feel things are moving backwards. This isn’t essential but if it is happening just remember THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
Truly this happens every year and a half for 6 weeks and if you know what’s up you can have a better time and perhaps not let it get to you quite so much. This current retrograde started May 15th 2012 and continues until June 27th 2012.
Another hallmark for this transit is the entrance back into your life of people from your past. It’s time to look back over old relationships, and often people who you have not seen or thought of will contact you. I had the wonderful experience of having someone get in touch with me from my HS days. I adore him and it was so nice to have contact again, so not all of Venus retrograde has to be “bad”… quite the contrary; it can be really nice.
I have also heard that what you were dealing with around the last time Venus went retrograde you may revisit and experience some completion with regards to it.
Something that is always true but not always commented on; is that Venus retrograde is always sandwiched between two Mercury retrogrades; there is a little breathing room between them but not a lot, just due to how retrogrades fall. So I think this is another thing that can makes it all feel so fricking long. One thing to remember is that mercury retrograde is more mechanical in nature (and that can mean the mechanics of communication of course), but Venus retrograde seems to effect the heart and the emotions and so they are really two different feeling transits.
Things to do during this transit?
- Visit with your newly re-discovered friends.
- Take time for self care and make it a habit to say nice things to yourself daily.
- Remind yourself that your perception of a thing really creates a large part of that thing; so pay attention to how you are viewing things.
- Take the time to complete relationship issues you swept under the rug a year and a half ago.
- learn and practice grounding.
- Give yourself (and others) some slack.
What to avoid if you can?
- Making drastic changes in your appearance
- Big ticket items as an impulse buy.
- Redecorating your home on a whim.
- Making major commitments.
- Buying a house.
- planning a wedding.
Now onto the other thing involved with this transit. The passing of Venus over the Sun.
Venus is conjunct with both the sun and the galactic center on Tuesday, and Venus will pass in front of the sun and we here in Hawaii will definitely be able to see it.
The energy (as it has been explained to me) will be coming from the center of our galaxy (reminds one of the center of the earth where we ground into, doesn’t it?) and flowing through the sun and through Venus right onto us on planet Earth. The Sun, Venus and Mercury are all in the sign of Gemini right now.
This is a tremendous amount of energy directed at us; it is one of the reasons some people are having such a hard time right now; especially if they don’t have a way to ground off the excess energy. The good thing about “lotsa energy” is that it can be directed, and it can assist in the manifestation of dreams and visions.
I almost didn’t do a Venus retrograde post this year (until people started asking me about what was up), but then I got the internal information tonight (on the inner-net ) that it would be awesome to put the meditation I intend to do; up on my blog and it might be a good way to allow many people to use the influx of energy to bring about some positive experiences for our lovely planet.
If you have been feeling powerless about all of this; relax and surrender on the one hand, and get pro-active with the energy on the other. You kind of need both because if you hold onto the reins too tightly nothing moves.
Here is what I am going to be doing. It is a meditation I have done many times before; some of you may have done it with me. I think this week is an excellent time to bring it back into circulation; especially Monday or Tuesday. If you don’t read this by this week, feel free to do it any time.
You can do this in a group or by yourself. If you are in a group I would suggest sitting in a circle and working with the energy inside of the circle.
If you are working “by yourself” (and I put that in quotes because it really just means that we are the only one physically present when we are working; we are never really alone on a spiritual level) my suggestion is to sit in a comfortable chair (like you would when you are meditating in general) imagine that you are joined in a circle by your “spiritual entourage”, meaning your guides, or your ancestors, or the Fairies of the Universe, or whomever you would want to ask you to join in for some energetic enhancement on a planetary level.
Get your own energy running and find your own peaceful centered place. Breathe and relax and know that all is well and that you are adding to energy that is already flowing and in motion for the Greater Yet to be.
- Close your eyes and imagine/create/be aware of a warm Gold energy. This is an angelic energy, a wonderful neutral cleansing balancing vibration that is associated with the experience of the emergence of our inner Divinity higher self in harmony with physical reality.
- Let a column of this gold vibration flow from infinity into and through the planet until it reaches the center of the earth; imagine it as a waterfall of bright energy flowing from far above you into the center of the circle you have created and flowing down into the planet.
- Sit along side of this energy and bask in its warmth and light that radiates outward. Let this energy heal, cleanse, balance you and your life and your circle and the planet. Let it enhance the natural goodness which is already here and eternally present.
Breath and ground and observe the flow of energy with your minds eye, or with your awareness.
- Let the golden energy flow through the sun and through Venus and through the Earth; allow it to cleanse and balance all the energies as they flow from the galactic center to our lovely little home. Let it assist with the harmonic comfortable balance of spirit and matter.
- Next allow ribbons of this energy to venture out from the main flow. Let these ribbons of gold energy flow out to anywhere on the planet where they are needed. You don’t have to know what or where, although you can certainly watch where they go if you wish.
- Notice these ribbons of golden light as they flow to heal any hurts or pain,
- cleanse any toxins,
- comfort those that are alone or afraid,
- flow and encourage people,
- aid in their alignment with their highest best natures,
- flow to the oceans and the mountains.
- You do not have to direct the ribbons, simple know that there is what which knows what to do and how to do it, and allow that to move within the gold energy as is flows to where it is needed.
- BTW it is completely appropriate to allow one of the ribbons to flow to you. There is an unending supply of this loving warm golden light.
Let yourself (if you wish) ask this energy of enlightenment if there is any information that would be useful to you personally for your own unfoldment. Be still and let the information come to you in whatever way you like; images, words, pictures, feelings.
Let this process unfold as it needs to; and at some point you will feel it’s completion. Let the ribbons join the main flow. breath and release energy down your grounding.
Thank the energy and thank your guidance. Know that you have done a great service to the planet and to your own life. Know that you do make a difference. You rock.
- let this energy flow into the earth and release it, so that the column is no longer there. Take time and ground and release excess energy keeping anything you need for yourself and your body.
- bend forward and release energy from your head and shoulders into the earth; come back up when you are ready. Make some notes if it feels good to do so, so you can remember your experience.
Thank yourself for taking the time to do this. And please also accept my thanks in advance. You are a Divine spark of the All that Is. I honor your light.
Bright Blessings and Aloha,